A key factor of the Scapa Healthcare operation is sustainability. With multiple manufacturing facilities across the globe, we understand how crucial it is to reuse and recycle in order to minimize our environmental impact. The two most significant inputs of the Scapa operation are gas and electricity; our team continues to implement and monitor energy management systems to aid in the reduction of consumption.
In addition to these guidelines, Scapa also monitors environmental performance through a variety of methodologies. These measures include, but are not limited to, (1) electricity and gas consumption for manufacturing operations, (2) fuel used for heating, (3) use of natural resources, and (4) disposal of waste.
Key Initiatives Include:
- Encourage local recycling of metals, wood, cardboard, plastics, and paper
- Measure, monitor, and set targets for emissions annually
- Encourage adoption of ISO 14001 to standardize environmental systems
- Provide environment-specific training to employees
- Comply with environmental safety laws globally and aiming to exceed standards